Sunday 3 January 2021

Rag Doll Mythology and Created Language

 Happy New Year everyone!

Just another update post for what I've been working on last year but this of course I will continue to work on this year as well.

I've been busy working on world building the rag doll town, creating rag doll characters, town maps, and creating my first conlang.

Unfortunately my mobile phone is broken and can't use my phone for creating content or posting on Instagram. 

You can find me on Twitter @priscillacita

I'm going to have to use a laptop to take any new photos of my work so you can see what I've been working on.

I'm also currently working on the rag doll town native's mythology as well as their language. 

They have a pantheon. 

(Here the word God could be either male or female as I haven't worked out quite yet who is who.)

In the beginning there were no rules or order, only chaos.

Before the creator god existed there was a void of primordial stuff which was in chaos. During a very long period of time the stuff could float around and stick to itself or once it had come into contact with other particles of itself there produced a force which allowed them to not be separated whereby in the end every particle that existed had collected together. The stuff was the essence of creation. When all of the essence was as one, it formed the creator god.

The creator god began the first of their creations. The creator created thoughts and words which thus created all that followed (manifestation).

The creator god created a universe and life. The destroyer god woke up from a long sleep and saw what the creator god made. The destroyer god went into a rage and destroyed the creator god. Everything the creator god created had the creator god's essence in it. Thus when the creator god is destroyed, all the creator god's creations are destroyed as well until only the essence remains.

After whence the creator god's essence was collected and the creator god was resurrected. Upon the creator god's resurrection, the creator god created the universe and life again. The destroyer god destroys little pieces at a time and the creator god creates new things with their remains. For these are the new rules they both must follow to appease them both as well as everything has a lifespan and will one day be destroyed, including the universe itself. This means there have been and will be many universes in a perpetual cycle carried out by the gods. This was the creation of time.

Since the creator god's essence is in everything and we were all created by the creator, to show and demonstrate respect for the creator we should respect ourselves as well as others. This includes other life forms and inanimate creations by looking after, caring and protecting all of the creator's creations. (This is why the town's native people are peaceful, helpful to people in need, and caretakers of the animals, plants and the environment.)

There are two Cat dragons (or Dragon cats) cuddled up together inside an egg asleep. One wakes up and chuffed producing a puff of smoke like gas into the emptiness. The cloud grew dense and hotter producing sparks which became suns. As the creature inhaled, it sucked in the suns so it's breath exhaled fire. It inhales solar winds from across the universe and exhales nebulas.

The other continues to sleep inside the egg. When it does wake up at some point the two dragon cats get into a cat fight as cats do (or at least my adopted rescue cats, Jemimah and Queen Latifah do right before food time). Their swiping causes rips in the universe which then rips apart - the end of the universe. The two cat dragons settle down as friends again. They eventually climb back inside the egg together and fall asleep again. This cycle is repeated with each creation/destruction of each new universe. 

The god of knowledge first began as thought. Next, these were replicated and programmed inside of a bubble - a thought bubble. The thought bubble was propelled outward from the mind, through the aura  of the creator god. It materialized in physical form as the god of knowledge, who has a connection with the other gods and creation. Via this connection the god of knowledge is able to acquire new knowledge, aside from the knowledge which they possessed when they were first created from the mind of their creator at that point in time that they were created. So the god of knowledge can tap into unknown hidden knowledge, knowledge from other gods, creations, creations created by creations who were created by the creator god, knowledge from the past, future, and other realms. 

The god of knowledge records this knowledge and programmes it in other bubbles to reduplicate itself, making copies of itself. The god of knowledge has created universal history books, manuals which include ingredients, elements, parts, how they go together, how they work, what work tasks they need to do, as well as a psychic consciousness which all higher consciousnesses are connect to. These are the manifestations of the god of knowledge's memory back ups and so that everything that exists can do so automatically and independently. 

That's as far as I've gotten with the mythology for now. I have written some other notes, dot points for things I'd also like to include. 

Other than that I've been watching and note taking the mythology crashcourse on YouTube as part of my mythology research. I also bought some mythology books for Christmas which include Stephen Fry's 'Mythos The Greek Myths Retold', 'Troy', and 'Heroes Mortals and Monsters Quests and Adventures', as well as 'Myths & Legends An illustrated guide to their origins and meanings' by Philip Wilkinson. I have several books prior to these new additions in my home library on Egyptian history and mythology and a Greek mythology book.

For world building, I have Randy Ellefson's 'Creating Life', 'Creating Places', and 'Cultures and Beyond', as well as 'On Writing and Worldbuilding Vol. 1' by Timothy Hickson.

I also signed up to both of Randy's online world building courses. 

For the language creation I would like to do a native people's language, mermaid language, cat language and alien language. 

I'm working on the native rag doll language at the moment. For this I bought David J. Peterson's book and audio book, 'The Art of Language Invention From Horse-Lords to Dark Elves, the Words Behind World-Building'. I also bought some books by Mark Rosenfelder but not all of them have been shipped yet. Mark won David's Smiley Award for 2020. Where I found the link to Mark's site so I have some good reading and learning to do there as well. 

I also watch Langtime Studio on YouTube every week but I still have a lot of learning to do. 

I think I picked the hardest thing to do for my first conlang, that being trying to create a proto language. But even knowing that I don't feel like changing my mind and trying to do something easier.

I've created my phonology and now I'm up to working on the allophony. I took some time the last couple of days as well to create an excel spreadsheet with columns being vocabulary words and rows being different inspiration languages for my proto language. Such languages include Vedic Sanskrit, Ancient Greek, Egyptian Coptic, Old Persian Farsi, Old Latin, Old Chinese and Japanese. It's a little challenging because trying to find the right online dictionary to translate words some dictionaries are traditional book scans so I cannot copy and paste into my excel document so it just takes a lot longer. While others I have to translate to IPA and then romanize it which just takes longer. It's one way to try to learn and memorize the all the IPA. The most difficulty I guess is with the Farsi, there are so many results for just one word and I can't find certain characters/letters in the IPA chart as I'm having to manually translate from Farsi into IPA. I wonder if it's like Sanskrit where they don't just have an alphabet to write with but letters of the alphabet are changed to show the addition of other consonants and vowels. I've watched one video on writing Sanskrit. I have no idea about Farsi. I don't have this problem for Sanskrit because I found a dictionary, albeit scanned so I can't copy and paste it at least has English translation for each word. 

Here are the dictionaries I'm currently using:

Sanskrit

Ancient Greek

Egyptian Coptic

Persian

Old Chinese

I haven't started Old Latin or Japanese but I actually have several Japanese dictionary books at home since my son learns Japanese for home schooling/distance education. 

Since I'm also doing a pitch language, I have to go back into my excel file since I only copied and pasted the tones for Old Chinese. Whatever I've hand typed for Sanskrit and Ancient Greek, I haven't typed the pitch accents for so I have to redo all the ones I've done so far. 

I've finished all the Old Chinese and am currently working on Egyptian Coptic now whilst listening to 'The Story of Human Language' by Professor John McWhorter on audible. (I actually watched a documentary on TV about Alex the bird years ago.)  

If anyone knows some good dictionaries to recommend, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment